During this time many have been affected by Covid-19 and as a community we can stand united and help out one another.
I WANT TO HELP:
Donate Today - to the United Way of Central Texas Coronavirus Community Response & Recovery Fund to support those in need!
- During this crisis, you can help people right here in Central Texas who need help with a donation to the Coronavirus Community Fund.
Provide Materials to Agencies - most requested items: Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Tissues, Paper Plates, Styrofoam Cups, Plastic Utensils, Cleaning Spray, Cleaning Wipes, and Cleaning Fluid (such as Pine Sol).
If you are interested in providing materials or BULK items contact Veshell Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org
I NEED HELP:
- 2-1-1 is working on the front lines of the pandemic. Our call specialists provide real-time information on social services and other resources to those in need. If you know someone who is struggling, or just looking for a source of reliable information, tell them to dial 2-1-1 or visit https://www.211texas.org/.
- Texas Workforce Commission for information on employment or unemployment benefits.
- MyFreeTaxes.com for free assistance filing your taxes.
- Check on your stimulus payment.
- The Bell County Public Health District posts updates to their website relating to current confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Bell County HERE. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also is maintaining a robust website with information and answers to commonly asked questions here. The Texas Department of Health and Human Services (DSHS) also has a COVID-19 webpage with information for the public, travelers, healthcare professionals, public health partners and others.
- Call your friends and family. Loneliness has a long-term negative impact. Even during isolation, modern technology allows us to stay connected. Checking in on friends and family is more than polite right now, it’s essential. And don’t forget elderly neighbors or others living alone.
- Take care of your mental health. If you’re stuck at home, keep busy with hobbies, try out arts and crafts, pick up an old musical instrument, organize family game nights, and step outside for fresh air and exercise. You can’t take care of others unless you take care of yourself.