United Way of Central Texas has internship positions available that can give you the chance to experience first-hand how you can impact this success.
To apply for one of our internships, please fill out the application and send it along with your most recent resume and a reference/recommendation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following internships are available at this time. We accept applications year round!
Download the application HERE.
2-1-1 Call Center Intern
The United Way of Central Texas 2-1-1 HELPLINE is responsible for providing information and referrals drawn from a comprehensive database of social services. These trained specialists answered more than 91,000 calls for help in 2020, connecting callers with local resources for utilities, rental assistance, food, childcare, and more. Interns with the Central Texas 2-1-1 HELPLINE will be responsible for answering and providing appropriate assistance for information/referral calls following agency policies and procedures. Interns will collect and enter caller information into computer tracking systems, engage in required training for quick case management, and engage in relevant professional organizations/committee meetings.
- Time Commitment: One semester (10-14 weeks)
- Preferred Skills
- Proficient use of computers in cluding fast, accurate, and efficient data entry
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written)
- Ability to plan, organize, direct, and coordinate multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relations with fellow employees, management, and call center clients
Community Hub Intern
The Community Hub is a partnership program between Scott and White Health Plan and the United Way of Central Texas that works to remove barriers to quality health care and address social determinants of health, economic, and social situations that affect health care status. Social workers on this program work to identify and connect patients to community resources relating to housing, food, childcare, utilities, employment, etc. Interns on the Community Hub program will be responsible for working with clients to identify goals, potential obstacles, providing ongoing case management, and quarterly assessments of family progress. Interns will also be responsible for maintaining clear, up to date case notes, participating in community meetings to stay current on resource availability, and collaborating with partner agencies.
- Time Commitment: One semester minimum (10-14 weeks)
- Preferred Skills
- Interns should currently be attending school for social work or a closely related field
- Basic phone and computer experience
- Ability to work with staff as a team to coordinate activities and services
- Ability to prioritize tasks, goals, and projects
- Knowledge of social work skills such as motivational interviewing and theoretical perspectives
Marketing & Communications Intern
This position is part of the team that tells United Way of Central Texas’ story. This position collaborates with team members in the creation of and implementation of digital and physical marketing communication pieces to donors, volunteers, and other key stakeholders. Primary responsibilities will include supporting team members with executing UWCT marketing strategies including creating graphics, making website updates, creating content for e-newsletter, print and electronic materials, donor communications, and special events and more.
- Time Commitment: (Preferred) One semester (10-14 weeks); hours can vary if they are during regular business hours of 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.
- Preferred Skills
- Web design skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva (or other similar design applications)
- Knowledge of social media platforms and trends
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, public relations, graphic design, advertising (or related field)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detail, and deadline oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of initiative and ability to work with enthusiasm and minimal direction
Questions? Concerns? Email email@example.com or call us at 254-778-8616.